Hi, Android developer let’s start to learn about the new in android. In this topic, we share what is jetpack compose and its use. building UI in native Android using Jetpack Compose it is a modern toolkit. Jetpack compose is a simplify and quick UI development tool on android with less code and intuitive Kotlin APIs.
In this tutorial, we build a simple UI component and informative functions in android. You don’t want to be editing any XML layout or using any layout editor. Alternately you can use compose functions to make a UI component.
What is Android Compose
Advantages of Jetpack Compose.
Jetpack compose libraries may be used alone or in the combination of addressing different needs in your apps.
- WorkManager for your background scheduling needs.
- Room for data storage persistence.
- Navigation to manage your application navigation flow.
- CameraX for your camera app needs.
Jetpack libraries are published in the
androidx namespace. If your android project currently uses the Android Support Library v4 and v7, read more about how to migrate the Android library to androidx .
To learn more about the Jetpack, check out these pages:
- Android Architecture Components
- Complete list of Jetpack components