VDS, a dedicated server, is currently one of the most popular services in the digital world, where it is very important to have a website or an online store constantly available. Not all those users who plan to develop their business on the Internet can afford their own server – this is not only hardware and software, but also many related details. However, the need for all this disappears if it is possible to rent your own virtual server from the provider, with a practical desktop, for your own needs. This option is especially popular for those sites or processes that require separate space and cannot be offered a split server option.
Benefits of a dedicated server
Of course, you can work and maintain the site, trading advisors, blogs and shops from your home computer. However, only a dedicated server has significant advantages over other devices:
- Significantly more memory, and therefore – more features and higher speed;
- Computing power is also quite significant, while they can perform several processes at once;
- It is possible to maintain a consistently high speed of the Internet, without drops and resets;
- Such resources are usually provided with various additional power sources, so force majeure is not terrible;
- Highly qualified specialists deal with the security of the service, this issue is given priority;
- As an additional option, you can schedule regular backups – this is the best way to ensure that all important information is saved.
Compared to shared hosting, dedicated hosting also has significant advantages. First of all – more management functionality, each user has the right to set many parameters at his own discretion. In addition, the entire amount of allocated memory is provided for its exclusive use, and if necessary, the specified amount can be increased.
How to use a dedicated server
A dedicated server is very simple, each user can easily master its basic functions. It is important to know that the tenant of such a service gets unlimited access to it based on authorization data. This means that the server owner provides the technical capability for the user to be able to use the service around the clock and from any device that has access to the Internet. At the same time, all technical issues – settings, upgrades, repairs, support, security – are resolved on the owner’s side.
The main purpose of creating such dedicated servers is to provide large-scale and mobile projects, including those in groups with a fairly high level of funding. This is a reliable and stable resource that will be an excellent assistant for both start-ups and already developed projects seeking to grow. It is able to cope with a large flow of visitors and large-scale changes.